Celebrate Carroll Information for Instructors
How can I encourage students to participate?
Remind them that it is a good way to:
- Gain valuable experience presenting professional, academic material.
- Help build an application for admission into graduate school.
- Share their scholarly work with family and friends.
- Enhance presentation skills.
- Build a resume.
How does registration work?
All participants (students, faculty, and staff) can register to present at Celebrate Carroll at www.celebratecarroll.com. Registration opens in the early part of the Spring semester each year. The specific date will be advertised.
How do I get my students to attend?
- Make Celebrate Carroll a requirement for class or an extra credit option. Because most classes are cancelled for Celebrate Carroll, students should be able to attend.
- Tell students that they might be able to earn a convocation point for attendance. As soon as this is confirmed, we will update our Web site.
- Encourage students to attend to support their friends and classmates.
- Encourage students to bring friends and parents to Celebrate Carroll.
How do I get involved and present my own research?
Celebrate Carroll is also an opportunity for instructors to present. Consider presenting your scholarly research this year. Use the online registration to submit information for your presentation.