Conferring of Degrees
The degrees are conferred in the following order:
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Master of Business Administration
Master of Education
Master of Physician Assistant Studies
Master of Software Engineering
Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Graduates will receive their diploma covers at the Commencement ceremony.
- Diplomas will be mailed to the permanent address on file with the university. You can view your biographical information, including your permanent address, on the registration website. If the address is incorrect, you must notifiy the Registrar's Office in writing of your correct permanent address.
- Graduation Honors are based on the cumulative grade point average and the Carroll GPA, whichever is lower:
|Cum Laude honors
||G.P.A. starting at 3.400
|Magna Cum Laude honors
||G.P.A. starting at 3.600
|Summa Cum Laude honors
||G.P.A. starting at 3.900
To be eligible for graduation honors, a student must have a minimum of 64 letter-graded credits at Carroll. Graduation honors are listed in the university honors section of the Commencement program.
- Members of the Delta Sigma Nu Honor Society will wear a gold cord. The graduates will receive cords from volunteers assisting with the Commencement lineup in the Shattuck Music Center. Delta Sigma Nu members will be listed in the university honors section of the Commencement program.
- Honors Program graduates will receive a gold tassel to wear at Commencement. The Office of Academic Affairs will contact students to make arrangements for distribution.
- Graduates who are members of an academic program's honor society will receive honor cords or other academic regalia. Academic area chairs will hand out these items during the lineup for Commencement.
Beta Beta Beta (Biology) - Red and Green Cord
Lambda Pi Eta (Communication) - Red and White cord
National Hispanic Collegiate Honor Society - Red and Gold cord
Phi Alpha Theta (History) - Red and Light Blue Cord
Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science) - Cloisonné Medallion on a Red Ribbon
Psi Chi (Psychology) - Blue/White/Gold Medallion on a Royal Blue and Gold Ribbon
Sigma Theta Tau (Nursing) - Orchid and White Cord.